THE PRINCIPAL PLAN DENTAL – DENTAL HYGIENIST SCHOOLS IN ONTARIO.
The Principal Plan Dental
- (Principals) Refers to the major currencies that are traded.
- (of money) Denoting an original sum invested or lent
- First in order of importance; main
- (Principals) In a roof of double-framed construction, the main as opposed to the common rafters.
- (Principals) In a roof, a pair of inclined lateral timbers or rafters of a truss. Usually they support horizontal side timbers called purlins, and mark the main bay divisions.
- Of or relating to the teeth
- (dentist) a person qualified to practice dentistry
- alveolar consonant: a consonant articulated with the tip of the tongue near the gum ridge
- (of a consonant) Pronounced with the tip of the tongue against the upper front teeth (as th) or the alveolar ridge (as n, d, t)
- of or relating to the teeth; “dental floss”
- Of or relating to dentistry
- Planning is the process of deciding, in advance, what is to be done and how it is to be done.
- (planning) Assigning estimates of the costs of all activities required to carry out the business of an organizational unit over the planning period.
- A detailed proposal for doing or achieving something
- A scheme for the regular payment of contributions toward a pension, savings account, or insurance policy
- Regional planning — Urban planning — Zoning — Green Belt
- An intention or decision about what one is going to do
the principal plan dental – What Great
Developing an accurate sense of self
Understanding the dynamics of change
Dealing with negative or ineffective staff members
One of the nation s leading experts on staff motivation, teacher leadership, and principal effectiveness, Todd Whitaker has written over 20 powerful books for educators of every level. Discover what you can do differently.
Manee-Seguine Homestead (Abraham Manee House)
Located on the shore pf Prince’s Bay near the southern tip of Staten Island, the Manee-Seguine Homestead, later known as the Homestead Hotel or Purdy’s Hotel, is characteristic of the rubblestone dwellings built by Staten Island’s earliest settlers. There are less than twenty houses remaining on Staten Island which were built before 1750. Of these, the Manee-Seguine Homestead is one of the few probably constructed before 1700.
The Manee-Segui ne Homes tead occupies a portion of what was originally the long narrow 140-acre tract (roughly the area bounded by today’s Lemon Creek and Wolfe’s Pond and extending northward from the water to Amboy Road) which was patented to Paulus Regrinet in 1670. In 1694 the same tract was patented to Paulus Richards, a New York City merchant and owner of considerable property on Staten Island. Like many of the early houses built on Staten Island’s typical shorefront colonial patents, the Manee-Seguine Homestead is set fairly close to the water. The oldest or eastern part of the structure may well be associated with the 17th-century owners of this land. !t cannot be determined from surviving deeds when the 18th-century owner, Abraham Manee, a French Huguenot, acquired this property. Since no land transactions are recorded for Paulus Richards after 1699, the Manee purchase may have occurred just after the turn of the century.
Abraham Manee — a descendant of the early 18th-century purchaser died in 1780 and the house came into the possession of Henry, James and John Seguine, also of French Huguenot background, sometime before 1786, Members of the Manee family did not, however, leave the Prince’s Bay area; many bought property in the immediate vicinity and were active in the. oyster trade throughout the 19th century.
Henry, the principal owner of the Manee-Seguine Homestead, James and John were three of James Seguine’s eleven children, part of a large family already claiming a prominent place in Staten Island’s first census of 1706.7 During the period of Henry’s occupancy of the Manee-Seguine Homestead, the natural oyster beds of Prince’s Bay were depleted and the "planting" of seed oysters from other local waters begun. By 1813 the quality of Prince’s Bay oysters had gained considerable renown; they are mentioned in a guide to New York published in that year. Beginning in the 1820s seed oysters were imported from Maryland and Virginia waters for planting in Prince’s Bay. Continued growth and expansion of the industry in the I83O5 and 1840s brought with it the free black oystermen from the Chesapeake Bay area who established the nearby community of Sandy Ground.
Born in 1801 and following in the footsteps of his father Henry, Joseph H. Seguine, the oldest son, also profited handsomely in the oyster trade. His fleet of oyster schooners was mentioned in 1848 by his nearby neighbor Frederick Law Olmsted.8 Joseph however, did not neglect the plowing of the land for the plowing of the deep, a failing of many Staten Islanders, according to Olmsted, who noted "…the profits of fisheries and other marine employment fostered by it, has absorbed and withdrawn from nobler occupation (i.e., farming) most of the youthful enterprises and capital of the county."9 Census records reveal that Joseph Seguine’s farm was one of the island’s largest; his barn was described in 1841 as the "largest and best in Richmond County."
The imposing Greek Revival mansion, a designated New York City Landmark, built by Joseph Seguine in T840 on the opposite or west side of the private road (today’s Seguine Avenue) which led from the homestead to Amboy Road may have been required to serve the family’s need for larger spaces than the old homestead provided, but its modernity and size also expressed the enlarged eminence and affluence of its owner. Construction of this grand replacement for the homestead also coincided with Joseph’s embarkation upon new business ventures. In 1848 he established the Staten Oil and Candle Company on the portion of his lands now occupied by the former S.S. White Dental Manufacturing Company; in a small cluster of buildings near the shore more than a hundred persons were engaged in the manufacture of candles made from palm oil imported from Africa. Joseph was also the President of the Staten Island Railroad Company; today’s 5taten Island Rapid Transit system follows the route he proposed in 1853- Construction was delayed and did not begin until four years after Seguine’s death in 1856. Although the Greek Revival mansion was Joseph Seguine’s principal residence, the family’s roots as embodied in the homestead house were not forgotten. It is possible that the house continued to serve some members of the family after 1840. When it was sold in 1867 by Joseph’s widow Ellen and his son Henry H. Seguine, the house
Community Partner-Line Mountain School District
Joanne Snyder, School nurse
Thea Tafner, Elementary Principal
•In 2008, the Dental task force launched their 1st annual SOS School based program & accompanying coloring contest for elementary students in our area.
•Several of the schools in our 5-county region accepted the program and allocated valuable class time for 1st and 2nd graders to learn about the importance of dental health and ways to keep their teeth strong & healthy.
•However, Line Mountain school district went above and beyond by ensuring that every one of their 1st and 2nd graders received this education. The district has 3, very small, very rural, very cute elementary schools. And we were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to visit each one and provide the dental program.
•The school nurse, Joanne Snyder, was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the planning process. She shows great care and concern for the health of the districts’ students.
•We are very thankful to work with representatives from such a remarkable school district.